Charleston, WV … The Underprivileged Children Foundation (UCF) was established in 2016 by native West Virginians with more than 50 combined years of witnessing and assisting impoverished families. With a mission to “Enhance and advance the lives of West Virginia families in need,” they set out to make a difference one family at a time.
UCF has been conducting their annual Toy Drive since Thanksgiving.
On December 17, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. the Toy Drive culminates with the collection of toys. Location is 655 Washington Street West, Charleston WV 25302. The West Washington Street Walgreens. Walgreens has been a partner with UCF for 2 years.
UCF receives referrals from WV DHHR Child Protective Services to ensure that every child gets a toy at Christmas. The campaign helps 500 children in an 11-county area of southern WV.
The UCF helps Individuals on a case-by-case basis including assistance with paying utility bills, food and donations to families who experience natural disasters and house fires. They also help with:
- Donations to community programs such as Little League baseball and football teams.
- Operating the Food S.H.A.C.K.
- Offering peace, hope & support through a therapy program.
- Operation Easter Basket-handing out Easter baskets to struggling families.
- Christmas toy donations to underprivileged children.
More information can be found at www.helpWVkids.org or by calling (304) 807-6227.