From: Idea Pod
As our series, Your Soulful Sunday continues, enjoy this article from Idea Pod.
Your Soulful Sunday series helps you fill your life back up with purpose and alignment.
Life is not about what happens to us, but how we react to what is happening to us.
Many people get caught in a negative cycle of thinking that stops them from making progress in their lives. Many more people are focusing on external sources of happiness to improve their lives.
The truth is that change starts from within us. If we can change our thinking, we can change our lives.
There are many ways to shift our thinking away from negative thoughts and focus on the thoughts that make us feel good.
In fact, we can even call upon those positive thoughts whenever we want.
If you are in a place where you just want to feel better, try one of these 27 suggestions to improve your situation right now. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to turn that frown upside down when you know how to do it.
1. Dig out those old CDs and records and listen to your favorite songs. You’ll be instantly transported back to a time in your life when things were likely easier and less stressful. That nostalgia can really help perk you up.
2. Grab a notebook and write down how you are feeling. You’ll be able to see where your negative emotions are coming from and you can write down why you want to feel better.
3. Draw a picture that represents how you are feeling. We’ve all seen children do this and it really helps to get thoughts out of your mind and onto paper. Use colorful markers to bring your thoughts to life.
4. Look through family photo albums and be grateful for all the places you’ve been and people you’ve met throughout the years.
5. Relive a day in which you felt great. What were you wearing? What did you eat? Who did you talk to? Where did you go? Creating a great day, even in your mind, can lift your spirits. It reminds you that the bad doesn’t last forever.