From: Alzheimer’s Association WV Chapter
June is Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month — an opportunity for you to join the Alzheimer’s Association® in a conversation about the brain, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia
Everyone who has a brain is at risk to develop Alzheimer’s, the only top 10 cause of death in the United States that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed.
More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease, the nation’s sixth leading cause of death. But everyone can help to end this epidemic — especially you. During Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month, the Alzheimer’s Association asks people around the world to go purple and use their brains to fight this devastating disease. Here are a few simple ways you can join the cause:
- Go Purple: Throughout the month, Go Purple – the color of the Alzheimer’s movement – to raise awareness of the disease. Dress in purple and turn your social media purple by sharing photos! Click here for more ways to Go Purple in June.
- Share: Help raise awareness of the impact of Alzheimer’s disease by sharing your Alzheimer’s story and reading the stories of others who are facing the disease (#ENDALZ & #MyAlzStory).
- Show your love: On the summer solstice, June 21, 2018, people across the world will join the Alzheimer’s Association The Longest Day® to do an activity they love — or an activity loved by those affected — to help end Alzheimer’s. Visit alz.org/thelongestday to learn more. Click here to see a list of The Longest Day events taking place throughout West Virginia.
- Educate: Share the facts about Alzheimer’s disease with everyone you know. Get started at alz.org/facts.
- Learn: Attend one of the many free, educational workshops taking place throughout the state. Visit alz.org/wv for dates & locations.
To learn more about how you can help the Alzheimer’s Association #ENDALZ during Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month, visit alz.org/abam.
Call them at 800-272-3900 for more information.